Dot Physical Exam in Waymart Carbondale, & Honesdale PA
Driver Friendly DOT Physical Exam ~ $75.00*
Get your CDL medical physical exam in 45 minutes, in 3 EASY STEPS:
-Just bring a smiling face, a way to pay, and a need to pee–
DOT EXAM STEPS
STEP 1. Fill out a 1-page brief health history
STEP 2. Complete your DOT physical exam with doctor Bruce Warninger, D.C. who is a medical certified examiner for FMCSA.
- review of medical history
- height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, range of motion,
- breathing, eyes, ears
- discuss special medical conditions
- urinalysis for basic urinalysis test
STEP 3. We complete your paperwork. Photo ID required.
- You get a DOT medical card for your CDL to keep with you at all times you are driving.
- You get 2 copies of the DOT physical form, one for your CDL, one for the company. If you need, we will also fax the DOT physical form to your company.
- We will keep a scan copy of your DOT physical form on file at our office.
- Payment is $75.00, we accept cash, credit/debit cards, or check.
DOT Physical Exam: Things to Plan in Advance:
If you have a medical condition you’re going to need some paperwork:
- Diabetic Condition – Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- High Blood Pressure - Bring a list of medications and name of prescribing doctor.
- Heart Condition – If you’ve had a heart attack or cardiovascular disease, you’ll need to bring a copy of your last stress test.
- Sleep Apnea – Bring a copy of your latest sleep test results, if you have one.
- Medications – List all the prescription medicines you take, including strength and dosage. If you regularly take over-the counter medications, such as antacids or allergy pills, list them, too.
- Contact information – Have names and phone numbers of your doctors in case you need to call and have them fax missing information.
DOT Physical Exam: Things To Do to Manage Your Blood Pressure:
- Make sure you don’t run out of your prescribed blood-pressure medication.
- Remember to take your medication on schedule. If you forget, most doctors recommend taking your medication as soon as possible.
- If you’re significantly late taking your medication, tell the doctor conducting the DOT physical you forgot to take your regular medication. If your blood pressure is too high, ask to have it rechecked later that day – or even the following day.
- Cutting back on caffeine and nicotine can help improve your blood pressure.
- Reducing the amount of salty foods you eat and avoiding adding salt to your food can also help to lower your blood pressure.
- The week before your DOT physical exam, cut back on coffee, sodas, energy drinks, potato chops, etc, and don’t add salt to your food. Also reduce your use of nicotine as much as possible.
- Doing this can help lower your blood pressure reading.
The Day of the DOT Physical Exam:
- Remember to bring the medical records you’ve prepared in advance, including your list of medications.
- Remember to bring eye glasses and /or hearing aid (it’s surprising how many people forget this).
- Drink water. Come with a need to pee.
Getting Past ‘White Coat’ Syndrome:
- First off, we understand that this is a very real concern for some drivers.
- Secondly, we work with drivers. We understand that passing your DOT physical exam is important to your continued career and your livelihood, and we’re here to do everything we can to help you.
- Lastly, there are no white coats in our clinic.
Back Pain? Neck Pain? Shoulder Pain? Leg Pain?
Repetitive strain injury builds up over time in long distance drivers. Many drivers come in to see us with back pain. One of the injuries we see often is ‘truckers shoulder‘. Others come in with hip and leg pain. Chiropractic adjustment is a key treatment Dr. Warninger uses to help patients get out of pain and improve their ability to perform their work.
Your DOT doctor at First Choice Chiropractic is Dr. Bruce Warninger. Our goal at First Choice Chiropractic is twofold: To support you in protecting your livelihood, and to help you with improved lifestyle choices for your health and for your life. We do our best to help you prepare for your DOT physical exam and make your CDL medical certification as hassle free as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at (570) 488-9800 today!
To schedule an Appointment – Call (570) 488-9800
|Monday||10:30am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||10:30am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||10:30am - 6:00pm|
|Friday||10:30am - 6:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 12:00pm|